Monday, January 9, 2012

31 Day Challenge. Day 9 Rainbow Nails.

Holy potatoes, I cannot believe it is day nine! It feels like we just started this challenge yesterday!

Today is Rainbow Nails. I think this is the challenge I have been most excited about and the one that I like the most so far!

For this challenge I literally stayed up till 12:30am back on Saturday night trying all different types of designs. I tried sponge gradient, painting stripes, but nothing seemed to work. Then I thought maybe I could stamp something and BINGO that was the ticket!


So for my very first stamping attempt  used Sally Hansen White On for my base, and then used all the colors in the pictures below to stamp with. I chose a pretty flower design from one of the plates I got with my Salon Express Kit. Once this challenge is over I think I will be able to do a full review on it.



So here is what I came up with! All of the colors above re fairly good for stamping, especially Velvet Bow , Blue Years Eve and Funky Dunkey.






It reminds me of some sort of rainbow graffiti, I also had added once coat of the flakie from Finger Paints but it didn't show up on camera well. But over white polish it gives the effect Snow Globe from China Glaze does.


Here is an infamous thumb shot. I don't shoot my thumb often but I figure you can see the design a little better. The cool thing was this manicure was a big hit at work!

That's it for my rainbow nails, please check out these AMAZING girls and their rainbow nails for the challenge!
                                                                           Please Follow us on Twitter too!
Lindsay @ Polish and Diamonds                         @polishanddiamond
Adri @ Morie's Nail Art Blog                              @Moriesnailart
Tiffany @ 2_The last Drop                                   @2thelastdrop
Holly @ Nail Polish Rehab                                  @nailpolishrehab

You can follow me on twitter at @mynailsmypolish


Have a great Monday!
Nicole