Friday, January 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge. Day 13 Animal Print!

Happy Friday the 13th!!

I think that this has been one of the post that I could not wait to do next to the rainbow one! Ever since I got my nail stamping kit and saw that I had gotten a leopard print pattern I couldn't wait to use it.

With the salon express kit that I bought it is definitely a trial and error project. I think I went through every one of my polishes before I found out that only some of them work with the kit.
That's fine I understand that, it also took me some time to get the bigger designs to get picked up with the big end of the stamper, turns out by filling the top of it a little really helps the polish to get picked up. Metallic polishes, or thicker shimmery polishes or just thicker creme polishes in general are the best type for the designs.

So for the polishes in this manicure I used Jessie's Girl JulieG as a base again since it is such a bright coral that is helping me get through the dreary weather right now. I feel like I  may have said that in my last post too.... anyway then I stamped my leopard print design with Sinful Colors Lets talk, its the one polish that would stand out well against JulieG. My friends got a kick out of it yesterday and apparently my nicely manicured hands fooled the guy at the salon too, he asked me if I needed a fill for acrylics!



I love this combination of colors! For my first pattern print stamp I think I did okay even though I did miss a corner or too and went back to fill in the missing bits. :)

I also went to Rite Aid this morning after grocery shopping. I was out early because the temps are supposed to drop into the 20s today from the 40s and it might snow so I wanted to get the errands out of the way! I did pick up three polishes, one was just a repurchase of a black creme since my other one is almost out.


From left to right we have, Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine Black Creme, L.A. Girl Glitter Addict in Celebrate, and finally these are completely new to me, well the bottle is, it is Wet 'n' Wild Megalast in I need a Refresh-mint. Celebrate is a multicolored glitter that doesn't remind me of Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday it has more blue glitter in then silver but I still cannot wait to swatch it! I Need a Refresh-mint is a minty green color that I somehow have never come to own. And thanks to my lovely girls on twitter they are enabling me to go back this weekend and buy more! LOL

Okay so that's all I know for today! I will try to have swatches of Celebration and I Need a Refresh-mint up today, but no guarantees because I think today I'm gonna practice water marbling before I have to do tomorrow's challenge!

Check out my girls who are also doing the challenge and Follow us all on Twitter please!!

Polish and Diamonds with Lindsay
Morie's Nail Art Blog with Adri
Nail Polish Rehab with Holly                                     Myself- @mynailsmypolish!
2_ The Last Drop with Tiffany
Nails By Tawny with Tawny!

Talk to you all soon!
Nicole