Thursday, January 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge. Day 12 Stripes!

Good morning, yeah I'm not a happy camper this morning, there is snow on the ground, but its raining which means it probably won't last long but who knows. At least the roads are clear so it's not a total loss and I can go see my girlfriends today. :)

Today is stripes day of the challenge and I can say that I really like mine. Its a bright manicure which helps with the dreary weather. I used two coats of Jessie's Girl JulieG which is  bright pinky peach color as my base, this is a perfect spring color and that is what I am thinking about these days, spring.

For my stripes I used a polish I bought a few years ago that I thought was going to be like For Audry because in thats what it looked like, well looks are deciveing. Its a polish by Savina called Blue For You, it dries a darker tealish color when applied to the nail but it was the perfect color for the stripes!





I tried to do different types of stripes going every which way I could think of. I used a toothpick to create the stripes. It's weird how a toothpick can be sometimes the best nail tool ever. You can use it for stripes, or cut off the tip of the toothpick and you have a home made dotting tool.

Ok so I hope you enjoyed that design. Follow me on Twitter @mynailsmypolish!

Check out the other amazing girls who are also showing their stripes today!

Lindsay at Polish and Diamonds
Adri at Morie's Nail Art Blog
Holly at Nail Polish Rehab                                  Dont' forget to follow us on Twitter!
Tiffany at 2_ The Last Drop                                    Links are in their names!
Tawny at Nails By Tawny

Okay I will talk to you all soon! Bye!
Nicole