Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

So today I have my final holiday manicure for you guys. Its a Christmas tree!

I was happy with the way this came out, since my nail art isn't at its best I figured maybe half a tree would suffice?



Here's what you need.
  • Base and top coat of your preference
  • A white creme polish
  • Sparkly green polish
  • Sparkly red polish
  • A sparkly gold polish.
  • A black striper polish


Steps:
  1. Apply your base coat to all of your nails and let dry.
  2. Apply 1-2 coats of your white creme polish let it dry compeletly.
  3. Take your sparkly green polish and either with a small detail brush or if your good at using the actual brush, create your side of the tree. I used Jolly Holly originally then put my green glitter striper over it to make it sparkle. Let that dry.
  4. Then outline your tree with the black striper to make it stand out a bit more.
  5. Then take your gold sparkly polish and create a dot at the top of the tree if you can or only half  to make your tree topper.
  6. Use your red sparkle polish with your small  dotting tool or toothpick and create red dots all over the Christmas tree to create 'lights'.
  7. Let it all dry and seal in with your top coat!

    Okay so that wraps it all up for the holiday designs. Next up I'll have a New Years manicure and I am hoping to get my hands on the Finger Paints Special effects polishes.

    Till next time
    Nicole.