Monday, December 12, 2011

My own sort of whimsical.

Hi! 13 days until Christmas, and I am sort of officially done with shopping for my family. I just need to get a couple of things for friends and I am done!



Today I have my take on Revlon's Whimsical. I hear from reading other nail blogs that it is supposed to be a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. In the swatches of Whimsical I saw the glitter in the milky blue jelly base are mainly pink, blue and small silver glitter. I woke up this morning thinking of could I possibly create my own look a like since I,  A: cannot afford Deborah Lippmann  and B: have no clue when Whimsical will be at my local drug store, right now it is only at Harmon inside of Bed Bath and Beyond, if yours has one of course. The closest one to me is 30 mins away and doesn't have a Harmon inside. :(

So I took my Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Dive Deeper which is a shimmer, sheer sky blue polish and layered it with Wet n' Wild Party of Five Glitters. Its not the same in any respect since the glitter is multicolored instead of just the three colors. But it looks like it might work out for me.

My attempt at Whimsical by Revlon
I quite like this look actually. If I had but down 2 coats of Dive Deeper before adding the glitter it might of made it more opaque but I like this. you can see the dimensions of the glitter. I actually think I might rock this manicure this week, before I venture into a Christmas manicure next week.

If Whimsical ever comes to my neck of the woods I will not hesitate to buy it by any means. I think I need to go and also pick up Starry Pink as well because that is another jelly type with glitter smushed in between.

Okay so until Thursday when I will post more holiday designs, actually now that I am thinking about it I might post the rest of them this week, one everyday that I can really, so you have them for Christmas week.

Okay so until tomorrow!
Nicole