Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Nails : Candy Canes

Hey everyone! Happy December 1st! That means there are 24 days until Christmas! AHH! I'm supposed to start my Xmas shopping tomorrow, I hope it goes well!

Well today also starts my month of Holiday Nails. Each week ( most likely on Thursdays) leading up to Xmas I will display one of the designs I came up with and explain step by step on how to achieve the look!

The first look is the most simple design I think anyone who has striper polishes and a white polish can do!


What you need:
       1. Base Coat of your choice
       2. A white polish (preferably creme finish)
       3. A red striper polish
       4. A silver glitter striper polish
       5 Your go-to top coat

**Quick note, if you need to refer to my picture below**

Step 1: First apply your base coat to all of your nails. You want to protect them from yellowing and making your design last longer.

Step 2: After your base coat is dry apply two coats of your white polish to each nail, letting each coat dry in between of course!

Step 3: Taking your red striper make 8 evenly spaced diagonal stripes on your nail. Let that set a few minutes.

Step 4: Take your sliver glitter striper and fill in three of the white stripes on the nail, try to space them apart evenly. From the top of my nail I counted two white stripes, then put a glitter, another two white stripes then a glitter, and since this nail was smaller I then went one white stripe then glitter. I hope you can understand that step if not take a look at the picture below to see what I mean.

Step 5: Allow nail to dry for about 5-10 minutes and apply your favorite top coat to seal it all in. And you are done! Candy Cane nails in 5 easy steps!


I hope you enjoyed the first installment of the holiday nails series! Until next week!
Nicole