Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What I reach for...makeup. Part 1

Hello!

I'm not sure if I am going to make this a series type of a thing, but that's the way I'm feeling this could go. What I reach for in things such as makeup, nail polish, beauty products etc. Its a work in progress and since I am in between post until my new China Glaze Polishes come in and I take my little shopping trip with my friend Lauren tomorrow.


Okay so on with the blog post... This is only going to be Part one right now. If I was to post everything here is would be too long to read.

Today I am going to show and tell you what I reach for when it comes to the makeup I wear. This is going to be what I call my 'full face' meaning the works, eyeshadows and eyeliner and all.

Moisturizer

 I never really used to do this part in my routine but now I do it every time I put makeup on even if its just foundation and mascara. I have naturally oily skin and so during the summertime the heat is relentless on me. So I need something that is going to mattify my face.

I discovered that Clean & Clear moisturizers are a different formula now then back in the day. I used to own the Morning Burst one but it just made my face worse. The one that I use now is Clean & Clear finishes mattifying moisturizer. I used to use the Pore Perfecting one before and I loved the formula of that even though I couldn't use it during the hot weather due to sweating. When I saw the mattifying one I was excited to try it and see if it would work. It does...well sort of .

This moisturizer is oil free, controls shine, and has an SPF value of 15 that is a mix of UVA/UVB. The size on this product is 1.7 ounces or 48g. The price is not steep, its around $5.49 which is in the price range of other Clean & Clear products. I got mine from Walmart but the price may differ at different stores and in different areas. 

The smell is of sunscreen but its not too strong and the scent doesn't overpower your face  and nose and doesn't stay long on the skin. I recommend this product for the Spring/Fall/Winter only because the cooler temps keep me from sweating obviously and won't defeat the purpose of the moisturizer. It is sad to say that this product doesn't work during the summer months when I really need it.

Foundation

Foundation, what can I say about it, except for the fact that I love mine! I use the Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream makeup in shade 20 soft beige. Now this foundation is $12.99 to $13.99  for one 1 fluid ounce, depending on where you live and buy it. Now I could never justify paying that much for a foundation,that's like how much a Mac product could cost if it was one of the lower priced ones. Luckily one day while in CVS with my mom I found a bunch of shades of this in the clearance isle. So for the price of $3.99 I was not going to pass on this. Since then I haven't been able to find it on clearance anywhere else so this will not be a re-purchase for me.

This has a light coverage. Its good for me since I don't like to be caked makeup. It cancels out my redness really well on my cheeks and overall evens out my face nicely. The formula is smooth and does sort of give that air brushed effect.

Concealer


For concealer I use Hard Candy's Glamoflauge in the shade medium. Although this medium is too light for my skin tone but somehow it works. The size of this is pretty big 0.71 ounces and you do NOT need a lot to cover your skin. I just have to dab a little under my eyes where I use it the most and it spreads out like as if I used a ton.  The price is okay at $6.00, I have a feeling this is going to last me a long long time. 


Face Powder

Okay once I have applied the above products its time to set it. I have tried compact powders before but they don't work right, sometimes it deposits to much color is one spot and doesn't blend well. When I discovered Air Spun Loose Face Powder at CVS I thought I would give it a try. I used to use the Maybeline loose powder but I didn't get the bang for my buck with it. This does. Its 2.3 ounces and is in color muted beige.Air Spun Powder is finely milled over and over so its gives you a very thin layer to your face.   This product does have color and it is a shade lighter than my skin tone but doesn't transfer. 


That's all for Part one of this What I reach for. So stay tuned for Part 2!

** The products mentioned in this blog post were purchased by me and with my own money. I am not being compensated but the makers of these products.**