Monday, November 7, 2011

My First Franken!!

Hello!

For today I have my first franken polish! Its nothing special really and I didn't create a bottle of it, but I will if I can get my hands on second bottles of each color I used!

So I have been kind of obsessed with Blue Years Eve from China Glaze. If you haven't see my Why So Blue?   then click the link. So I thought maybe, just maybe I could come up with a way to re-create it. Unfortunately, I don't believe I re-created it but I did come close, its just a different shade. I took Celeb City from Sally Hansen Extreme Wear and Midnight Blue from Sinful Colors and mixed the two on a piece of paper.


The the first round of it created this very baby/sky blue foil color which I liked a lot and so did my mom surprisingly. Although she tends to tune me out when I talk polish to her, you  should of seen her face when I asked her for nail polish for Christmas this year. Talk about your eye rolling and sighing.

So today when I got up I decided to give it another go and add more blue then silver and the second coats came out to be more of what I wanted a darker blue foil. Nothing like Blue Years Eve, here's a bottle shot from Head2toe Beauty .

Blue Year's Eve. Credit Goes To Head2ToeBeauty.com

Okay so now here is my franken.

Here it is in sunlight indoors through a window.
Its a medium blue. Still really pretty.

Here it is in the shade indoors. Looks really dark,
but not Blue Year's Eve.
Okay so that's what I have for you today. The first coat of this franken that I did yesterday held up pretty well through all the work I did yesterday. No Chips no nothing.  I topped it off with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat and Seche Vite.

That's all for now. Nicole!

**The polishes I mention that are on my nails are purchased by me and my own money I am not being sponsored or compensated by any companies***