Monday, November 21, 2011

China Glaze: Lorelei's Tiara

Good Morning!

Today I have a nails of the day to show you. Lorelei's Tiara. Every time I think of the name for this polish my mind goes to Gilmore Girls for some odd reason. This as I said in my initial overview of the Eye Candy polish is my favorite and so far it still is.


After a very failed attempted at wearing Some Like It Haute, which took three coats of Seche Vite to make less bumpy, by the time I was done with work Saturday night I practically had no polish left on my fingers, it had all chipped off.  :(

With my job its a very labor intensive environment, handling groceries ( heavy cans, large bags of dog food, and 30 packs of water and soda, etc.)  and especially in the customer service area where we are constantly digging our hands in to tills and picking them up and banging them around. I am in desperate need of a top coat that will protect my manicure.

While out at the Family Dollar yesterday I had to pick up more nails so I can swatch more of my collection and start working on holiday designs. I saw that they were selling the Sally Hansen Insta Dry Top Coat. It stood out to me because I saw a youtuber talk about it being their go-to product for sealing in nail art and manicures, so I picked it up. It claims to have your nails dry to the touch in 30 seconds and will protect your nails from yellowing, fading, and chipping. All of this is true I can say so far for 3 out of the 4 claims. Sally Hansen never seems to let me down!

So after taking off Some Like it Haute which wasn't to much of a struggle since there was like none left. I applied my base coat of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth and two coats of Lorelei's Tiara. I then applied one thin coat of Insta Dry Top coat and surprisingly the glitter did not eat all of it up like with Seche Vite. I applied a second thin and could of gotten away with just two but I did a third thin just to be on the safe side. Now its the weekend before Thanksgiving and we are super busy! Even when its not a holiday we can be super busy, but that's beside my point. After five very labor intensive hours of work I was expecting some peeling or chipping, and boy was I amazed to look at my nails and not see a single thing wrong with them.

The next day after 5 long hours of work!
I think just by this manicure alone I have found my favorite top coat. I do want to try Sally Hansen Mega Shine next, so maybe I can have two go-to top coats. Don't get me wrong I still like Seche Vite  it was my go-to top coat for the last 2 1/2 years, but I think I will use it for non- glitter polishes in the future. But then again with the $8.99 price tag versus the $4.50 one for Sally Hansen and the tightening of my wallet I cannot guarantee I will use Seche Vite all the time.

Have you tried Sally Hansen Insta Dry Top Coat? What is your go-to top coat!

Talk to you all soon.
Nicole