Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween inspired manicure

Hey all,

In this post I want to show you guys my Halloween inspired mani! I took inspiration from Sayanythingbr00ke on this one. On her YouTube channel she did a blood splatter/dexter manicure, she accomplished hers with the Konad Stamping kit. Unfourtnately I do not have one of those. I have been interested in purchasing one for a long time, I just haven't brought myself to do it.


Anyhoo, I made my own method to re-create the look. I used my Seche Vite Crystal Clear Base Coat, and then two coats of Sally Hansen Whirlwind White. I let that dry then took a thin paint brush and rolled it around in Jesse's Girl Wham Bam and the tapped it over the white polish creating a very different splatter effect. Not to mention finishing off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coats. Although I must say that this method is extremely messy. I recommend taping off around your nails and putting some newspaper down to help combat the mess.

So heres the finished product! Sadly though I could not produce the same effects on my right hand, so I plan on investing in a baby toothbrush to help that way.

As you can see its a messy process, looking at the red
tint around my middle finger. lol
I actually really love this manicure. When I showed some people they thought it was a bit morbid, and true it very much is. For Halloween though...perfect! This would be a great manicure to a zombie nurse costume or just some one who wants to have fun with there nails on Halloween!

Thats all for now! Leave a comment to let me know what you think or if you have any other possible manicures you want to see!

Nicole

**Any nail polish mention in the blog post above was purchased with my own money**