Friday, March 18, 2011

Springtime Crackle

So for my first manicure post I wanted a manicure that was bright and springy. The weather where I live has been gorgeous lately and I felt inspired.

I started off with my base coat. I used Sinful Colors Nail Hardener. Your probably thinking, a nail hardener as a base? Yup that what I used and I'll explain why. Working in the customer service industry (if you could call it that for a grocery store) I am constantly banging my nails on the counter, not intentionally by all means. I also have every opportunity to break them too from handling the things that we handle where I work. So I need a little extra strength to my nails until they grow out better.

Then I proceeded to use a new color I picked up yesterday at CVS, now my CVS just got in a small Wet 'n Wild display. Mind you it doesn't have much on it but it has a few cool nail polishes. For $1.99 I couldn't pass on this spring color. Its is from their Megalast color collection. Its is color 210B Tropicalia. It is this awesome pink coral color. I used to not like corals because I thought they looked horrible with my skin tone but this one proved me wrong. It has a creme finish which I love. Creme finishes are my favorite finishes, although I love the occasional shimmer/glitter polish too!

One coat is okay if you want a quick color fix but I could still see my nail line and I hate that. So I used two-three  coats and got wonderful opacity. At first I was weary of using my China Glaze Crackle Polish in Crushed Candy because I didn't think it would look good but wow wrong again! I applied one mostly thin coat, to get the most crackle I could.




Please excuse the horrible cuticles and polish on the skin, I didn't notice I had it there till I took the pic. :( But as you can see it crackled really well and I love it and if feels maybe 80s inspired.

After applying the crackle glaze I used Seche Vite for my top coat. Seche Vite is an awesome top coat, my nail polish stays on forever as long as I don't seriously bang my nails at work. So that's my springy mani for today/this weekend. Hopefully I will have another mani to crank out come Sunday night before I have to start school again on Monday.

**Any nail polish I talk about in my post(s) I have purchased with my own money and am no way being sponsered by any of the above mentioned brands***