Friday, March 18, 2011

My first post!

Hi there !

So my name is Nicole and I <3 nail polish. I decided to start this blog because I wanted to share my love for nail polish with the other nail polish lovers out there.

I should first tell you all how I got hooked on polish. Well, about two years ago I began to watch makeup hauls and tutorials on YouTube. I then started purchasing makeup and wanted to be a makeup blogger. That attempt failed miserabley and I gave up, and decided to just work on learning to put make up on me. Then I noticed that some of the YouTubers I followed were also showing nail poilsh they purchased. I quickly took to that and became a fan. It wasn't until September of 2010 that I actually started collecting nail polish more regularly. I was finally taking care of my nails and now after months and months of shaping and filing and growing out ( and the occasional breakage) I have decent nails, not amazing but decent.

I also wanted my nails to look nice for work. I work with the public in customer service and we constantly have to take things from customers and hand things back. I didn't want customers seeing my unsightly nails anymore. I also was jealous of my mother, yes my mother becuase her nails are amazing. Although she won't let me paint them or do any funky manis on them :( . So I am left with working with my own nails and have come up with some pretty cool manicures but no pics to prove it.

My iphone I found out takes actually pretty nice pictures if i have the right light source and show polishes close to what they look like in the bottle. So now I have a reason to share my manis. :)

I may not be able to post every day but I will try once a week or more for right now. I say this because I am in school full time and work part time. Until school is over which is only a month and a few weeks away I should be able to post more often come the summer time.

So thats my ramble about my nail polsh start and hopefully I'll have a nice blog soon!

Thanks for reading polish lovers
Nicole